Keiter Advisors Announces Sale of Orrell’s Food Service and JEM Foods
Posted on June 6, 2023
KA Advises Orrell Family’s Distribution and Processing Plant Companies
Keiter Advisors (KA) announces the sale of Orrell’s Food Service and JEM Foods in Linwood, North Carolina, to Ben E. Keith Foods (BEK). Orrell’s is a broadline distributor and JEM is a meat processing plant; both were owned by the Orrell family. Together they serve over 1,200 customers in North Carolina and southern Virginia. Keiter Advisors served as the financial advisor to Orrell’s and JEM.
Ben E Keith will continue to operate both facilities and will retain all current employees. This was a primary reason Tony Orrell, president of Orrell’s Food Service chose BEK. Mr. Orrell said “The Orrell family is honored to be a part of the Ben E. Keith Foods strategic market expansion. The investments in our facilities, and the expansion of our product offerings and resources for our customers, will ensure a future of continued success.” This becomes BEK’s 10th division and will be renamed its Carolina Division.
These are the third and fourth transactions KA has completed in the past 15 months and follow the sale of Mike Hudson in Petaluma, California and Florida Food Service in Gainesville, Florida. Keiter Advisors has now closed 44 transactions in the foodservice industry.
About Keiter Advisors
KA is the only financial advisory firm dedicated to the foodservice distribution industry. The firm has:
- Assisted owners at more than 130 distributors in 38 states resolve their business challenges.
- Completed 100 + business valuations for broadline, produce, protein and speciality companies.
- Consulted with over 50 family owned or closely held businesses on strategic issues.
- Completed transactions with Sysco, US Foods, PFG, Gordon, Chefs’ Warehouse, Ben E. Keith, and many other super-regional” and independent companies.
- Represented 12 independent distributors in the acquisition of other foodservice, protein, or equipment businesses.
For additional information, contact:
(804) 513-7488 (804) 273-6253Return to All