Florida Food Service Guided Through Sale Process
Posted on April 18, 2022
KA Advises Florida Food Service
Keiter Advisors worked closely with the Islam family at Florida Food Service, Inc. to guide them through the sale process. Florida Food Service is a broadline distributor focusing on serving independent restaurants in northern and central Florida. The company was acquired by Ben E. Keith in early February.
Florida Food Service was started in 1948 and has grown under the leadership of the Islam family to be one of the largest family-owned distributors in Florida. Joel Islam, the president of Florida Food Service, will continue to serve on the executive management team in Gainesville.
Joel Islam remarked “I think the best thing I can say at this point is, I know we ended up with a better deal as a result of the team at Keiter. Although we did not start Florida Food Service, our family has been involved for more than half its existence. We certainly felt like it was part of our family. So, needless to say, this was not an easy path. Working with the people at KA, Bill, Matt, and Alec, was the only way this deal could happen. On behalf of the Islam Family, thank you all very much. We truly appreciate the team at Keiter Advisors.”
The acquisition provides Ben E. Keith with additional access to the state of Florida, building on their success with the acquisition of Kelley Foods in 2016.
KA served as the financial advisor to Florida Food Service in this transaction.
About Keiter Advisors
KA is the only financial advisory firm dedicated to the foodservice distribution industry. The firm has:
- Assisted owners at over 125 distributors in 35 states resolve their business challenges
- Completed more than 100 valuations for broadline, produce, protein and specialty companies
- Consulted with 25 + family owned or closely held businesses on strategic issues
- Completed transactions with Sysco, US Foods, PFG, Gordon, Reinhart, Ben E. Keith, and 17 “super regional” and independent companies
- Represented 10 distributors in the acquisition of other foodservice, protein or equipment businesses
For additional information, contact:
|Bill Beattie||Alec Kendall|
|(804) 513-7488||(540) 308-0538|
Return to All